As we ring in the new year, it’s time to take a look at the top makeup trends that will be dominating the beauty world in 2023. From bold and colorful eye looks to dewy, glowing skin, there’s something for everyone to try out. Here are the top makeup trends for the new year:
- Bold and colorful eye makeup: 2023 is all about making a statement with your eye makeup. Bright, bold colors like neon pinks, greens, blues, and yellows will be popular. Experiment with graphic liner cut creases, and bold eyeshadow looks to really make your eyes pop.
- Glowing, radiant skin: Say goodbye to matte, flat skin and hello to glowing, dewy complexions. Achieve this look by using a luminous primer, hydrating foundation, and a dewy setting spray. A touch of highlighter on the high points of your face will also add to the effect.
- The return of the 90s: The 90s are back in a big way, and that includes makeup. Think brown-toned lipsticks, thin eyebrows, and matte skin. Try out brown lipstick paired with a simple eye look for a retro vibe.
- Monochromatic makeup: Match your eyes, lips, and cheeks for a cohesive, monochromatic look. This trend can be achieved using a single color family and blending different shades and finishes for a multi-dimensional effect.
- Graphic eyeliner: Bold graphic liner is taking over in 2023. Experiment with different shapes, colors, and textures to create a statement look that is sure to turn heads.
- Freckles: Freckles are in! Whether you have natural freckles or want to create them with makeup, this trend is all about embracing your natural beauty. Use a fine-tipped eyebrow pencil to draw small dots on your face, then blend them out with a sponge for a more natural look.
- Bold lips: Make a statement with your lips in 2023. Bold shades like reds, pinks, and purples will be popular, as well as glossy finishes. Pair a bold lip with a simple eye look for a balanced effect.
In conclusion, 2023 is shaping up to be a year of bold and statement-making makeup looks. From bold eye makeup to glowing skin, there’s something for everyone to try out. So go ahead, experiment with these trends, and have fun with your makeup!