Video production works, and that has been evident from the fact that scores of businesses all around the globe have started adopting video as their core marketing tool. And that’s what makes it a tad difficult for you to stand out from the crowd, no matter how original your idea is. So, what’s the key to cutting through the clutter? Finding the right video production company near you!
Believe it or not, but the right video production company can help you find the right style – one that’s not only effective but also gets you the right ROI. Not to mention, they’ll have the requisite expertise, the skills, and the equipment needed for the job.
So how does one find the best product video production company?
Let’s face it – not all businesses have the budget to hire a full-time in-house video production team, and that’s why depending on an external agency for the video production need is a good idea – one that’s not only a cost-effective way of getting things done but also saves a lot of hassle. To kick off your quest, here are a few tips on how to find a professional and reliable video production agency.
- Develop a brief with clear objectives: One of the first steps to finding the right team for video production is having a project brief handy. It should have all relevant information pertaining to the business, such as what you’d like to convey to the target audience. An early start on the brief for the video would help you streamline the initial discussions. As long as the purpose or objective of the video is clearly stated, the message would clearly get across.
- Set a budget for the video: Sound obvious, doesn’t it? But you’d be surprised to know how many people get into it without any idea of the kind of budget it requires. If you are unsure about the budget, try getting quotes from at least three different sources to get a rough idea about the market rates. Depending on whether you need an animated or live-action footage, the cost varies. Setting the budget in advance would give the video production company insight into how they can bring your vision to life in a cost-effective process.
- Create a list of video production agencies: There are a number of ways in which you can reach out to possible video production companies. You can ask for recommendations from other similar businesses or someone trustworthy. You can also use social media channels to scope out effective and professional video production houses – that deliver the message clearly and stylistically. You can even do a quick Google search to find what you’re looking for.
- Look beyond the showreel: Always look for product video production companies that not only produce a quality creative but also come up with products that are driven and get increased conversions. Why? Because you ultimately need a video production house that can deliver results that meet your business objectives. Check some of their previous works and find out how those videos resonated with the audience. Clearly, there’s no point coming up with a video if it doesn’t connect with the audience or no one watches it.
- Find out what’s their niche: While there are tons of video production companies around, they may have their own niche! What does the agency do better than its competition? Find out what they stand out for or their particular niche as far as production skills is concerned. While some video agencies are proficient in aerial shots, filming client testimonials, and broadcasting live videos, there are others who specialize in product videos. So, find an agency that best meets your needs.
- Have a detailed discussion: Once you’ve zeroed in on 2-3 video production agencies, go for a detailed discussion with them about the brief and how they plan on doing things. Set up a face to face meeting as it would allow you to better assess their skill and creative ability. Moreover, you would be closely working with their team, so find out if the teams on both ends are a good match.
- Clarify the timeline: When you are working with a fairly new agency, we wouldn’t recommend working close to a major deadline. Start small and slowly build towards something big, such as a product launch. This would give the agency an extra wiggle room. Do not make rash decisions that are going to be vital down the line. Avoid missing anything out from your list of to-dos.
- Ask for a proposal and a quote: Once you’ve met the agency team and gone through their requirements, ask them for a proposal and a quote. The proposal would give you a thorough idea if they have your vision dialed in and whether they’d be able to achieve it. The pricing is yet another important aspect of such a deal. While it greatly impacts whom you team up with for the job, you should also keep in mind that you get what you pay for. Ultimately, only an engaging video conveys your message across.
It’s always good to look around and find the best product video production company that meets your needs and works within your budget. That said, there’s more to video production than just cost! As a business opting for it, consider the entire package, which mainly includes the quality of the content, the production process, and the final marketing experience. Find out how much of that would be possible within your budget and whether you’re getting your money’s worth.
The demand for video content is on the rise. In fact, it is at its peak! However, how well the video production performs hinges much on the quality and the way the message has been conveyed. So, find an agency that’s passionate about its work, easy to coordinate with, and understands the objective you’re actually gunning for.