Thousands of movies are produced in Bollywood but the ones we get to see most frequently are Romantic movies. Stories might have changed but the intensity remains the same. We have a lot of beautifully scripted movies with the best cinematography, screenplay, and songs and not to forget the brilliant star performances. 5 best romantic movies of Bollywood are listed below and you can view these on Vidmate.
- Veer Zaara (2004)-The gem of all times produced by Yash Chopra, starring Shah Rukh Khan and Preity Zinta was a huge success and received numerous awards. It was a story of IAF pilot who falls in love with a Pakistani girl, unaware of the repercussions he leaves everything behind to achieve his love, ends up in Pakistan jail for 40 years and reunites with his love. It still give us goose bumps and leave us teary-eyed.
- Band Baaja Baaraat (2010)-This rom-com movie produced by Aditya Chopra with amazingly talented Ranveer Singh and Anushka Sharma was a big hit. It was an energetic love story with dance numbers, romantic songs and melodrama. The movie was based on two partners trying to kick start their wedding planning business, trouble begins when they realise that they love each other but refusing to accept that brings a lot of twists and turns to the story. It was one of the best performances of both the actors.
- Ram Leela (2013)-Sanjay Leela Bhansali is known for the art that mesmerises and leaves everyone in awe. The characters of Ram and Leela were played by Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone. The storyline was based on two youngsters of rival families who were insanely in love with each other but something devastating happens that once lovers turn against each other. The movie is loaded with power pack performances of all the supporting actors and Bhansali’s never disappointing taste in music makes it one of his best productions.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil (2016)-You will experience a roller coaster ride of emotions while watching this star-studded movie directed and produced by Karan Johar. The movie has Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Fawad Khan as leads. The film is all about love, friendship, breakups and complicated relationships. You will witness strangers becoming friends, falling for each other, separating their paths but ending up together and confessing their feelings, but it’s surely not as smooth and straight as it sounds.
- Dil Bechara (2020)-I am certain that once you will start watching this movie you won’t be able to stop tears. This simply beautiful movie is based on the novel “The fault in our stars” by John Green. The story is about two cancer patients who meet each other at a support group and with time fall in love with each other. They sing, laugh, travel and explore things together when their beautiful journey comes to a tragic end. Sushant Singh Rajput and Sanjana Sanghi played as leads and it is directed by Mukesh Chhabra.
These are our picks for the best romantic Bollywood movies. We hope you will enjoy watching these as all above mentioned have a unique storyline with amazing star performances. Install Vidmate app to download these movies.