Students always try their luck at applying to the top-notch institutes around the world. Some of them get access while the rest have to wait. Among these top-rated universities and destinations, Canada is leading the way. The government of Canada offers international scholarships to attract talented students globally. One such program is the Ph.D. excellence scholarship offered at ISMER university. This article will provide essential information about this program to international students. If you are interested, keep reading this article!
Brief Description about the Scholarship:
The Ph.D. excellence scholarship is a great opportunity for graduates who are interested in pursuing doctoral degrees in Canada. The government grants financial assistance to those whose financial status is not sound. Candidates can apply for Ph.D. degrees and Ph.D. Excellence Scholarship in Canada at ISMER.
ISMER unites numerous scientists and a community of students from all walks of life. These applicants belong to different fields like sciences (science, geography, and physical science.) The graduates are devoted in a collegial way to examining and researching multidisciplinary information. The program is an excellent opportunity to connect with these talented graduates and allow them to bring out what’s in their heads.
About the ISMER University:
The Institute Des Sciences De La Mer De Rimouski (ISMER) is one of the leading institutes in Canada. The university focuses on offering research-oriented degrees to students around the globe. From industrial insights to real-life knowledge, the institute is breaking new ground. It gives utter importance to teaching, research, and other contemporary services to students. Are you interested in enrolling here? Get in touch with education consultants in Pakistan and start your process today!
Some of the useful points that you must know about this scholarship are given in the coming lines.
- Organization: The organization that is offering this scholarship is the Canadian government. The name is Excellence scholarship 2021.
- University: Successful students will pursue their doctoral degrees at the University of ISMER since the scholarship is offered here.
- Major Areas: The scholarship is offered to those pursuing their degrees in science subjects like Marine sciences or physical sciences.
- Course levels: The program is only intended to cover Ph.D.-level degrees.
- Financial award: Upon achievement, students will get a financial reward of $20,000 per year.
- Application mode: Only online applications are received. Students are advised to apply through an online portal.
- No. of awards: The total number of scholarship awards available is 03.
- Nationality: As mentioned, both domestic and international students can apply for this scholarship.
- Country: The program can be taken only in Canada.
- Deadline: The application deadline is 01 July 2021.
Since the number of awards is less, there will be tough competition among the applicants. The ISMER university and the awarding bodies will go through each application and check strictly for the following points. Make sure you comply with all of these if you are interested in applying.
- The applicant should either be a Canadian resident or an international citizen.
- The students should be able to start their doctoral thesis either in the fall semester of 2021 or the winter semester of 2022.
- The students should ensure a full-time registeration in the doctoral degree in oceanography.
- The applicants should be able to pursue their degree at ISMER university
- Applicants should meet the basic requirements for admission to the doctoral degree in oceanography
- Students should have a GPA of 3.7 out of 4.3 at the time of application.
- The doctoral thesis must be carried and completed under the supervision of ISMER faculty
- Students are required to obtain a support letter from the supervisor before admission
- Language requirement: Applicants should submit IELTS or TOEFL scores as proof of language efficiency.
Before applying for the scholarship, students are required to go through the list of the required documents. You should arrange all of these before the deadline. The documentation process is often complicated, and students require expert assistance. Get in touch with education consultants in Pakistan to ensure a smooth documentation process. Following are some essential documents enlisted.
- A complete Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Motivation letter
- All education documents (Transcripts and degrees)
- Supervision letter or letter of support from ISMER faculty
- Three letters of recommendation
- Publications/Awards (if any)
How to apply:
As mentioned, the applications should be submitted online. No physical applications shall be entertained. Eligible and interested candidates should approach the ISMER’s professors for a supervision letter. Once the letter is obtained, the second step is applying with documents. The documents and application should be submitted to the program committee of graduate studies.
Need expert assistance with your application? Get in touch with education consultants!
Students always face difficulties while applying for foreign universities. The matter is no more problems with the best education consultants in the town. Students are advised to get a consultation from them for the successful completion of their applications process and student visa for Canada.