The Ministry of MSME issues Udyog Aadhaar (also known as Aadhaar for Business), a 12-digit government identifying number to small and medium-sized firms that desire to register as MSME.
Unlike other commercial entities, a sole proprietorship does not have a formal acknowledgement of its existence. For solo owners without official government recognition, Udyog Aadhaar is highly recommended, since it allows a lone proprietor to receive a unique identity and official registration with the Government of India, which validates the existence of his business.
Also, Read- Print Udyam Registration Certificate
Additional types of businesses usually have formal recognition and are eligible to register for Udyog Aadhaar and benefit from the MSME’s other benefits, which are stated below.
Udyog Aadhaar’s Advantages:
The benefits of registering your business and receiving an Udyog Aadhaar are numerous.
The benefits derived from the Ministry of MSME’s many measures for the protection, expansion, and development of small enterprises are listed below. The same benefits are accessible to Udyog Aadhaar holders, and they are quite advantageous.
The following are the advantages:
- Payment protection in the event of a payment delay.
- Disputes are resolved quickly.
- Bank loans with no collateral
- For participating in an international trade show, you will receive special consideration.
- Benefits of Octroi
- Stamp duty and registration fees are waived.
- Several Direct Tax Laws Exemptions
- Subsidy for barcode registration
- NSIC Performance and Credit Ratings Subsidy
- The Government of India provides a counter-guarantee through CGSTI.
- Banks’ interest rates have been reduced.
- CLCSS scheme provides a 15% subsidy for technology upgrades.
- When applying for government bids, there are some exemptions.
- Electricity Bills are Reduced
- Payment for obtaining ISO certification is refunded.
- Interest on OD is exempted by 1%.
- The acceptable loan cap has been raised from Rs. 25 lakh to Rs. 50 lakh for optimal reasons.
- Raising the level of guarantee coverage from 75% to 80%
- MSME/SSI reserves products for exclusive production.
- Obtaining Licenses is easier with easier registration and approvals.
- Are you eligible for an IPS subsidy?
- Preference in the awarding of government contracts
- Scheme for Excise Exemption
- Banks’ interest rates have been reduced.
- Patent registration is eligible for a 50% subsidy.
The following are some of the benefits that an Udyog Aadhaar holder can enjoy. Aside from that, if and when new schemes are launched, Udyog Aadhaar holders will be eligible for the same benefits.
How can I register for an Udyog Aadhaar?
The process of obtaining an Udyog Aadhaar is rather simple. To register, you do not need to have the form attested by a professional. Furthermore, the government does not impose any registration fees.
You can even do it yourself if you follow the instructions outlined below.
MSME/SSI Udyog Aadhaar Online Registration
Step 1: Visit https://udyogadharcertificate.in/ for more information.
Step 2: Type in your unique Aadhaar number- In the case of a partnership, the Partner must supply his Aadhaar number, but in the case of a company, the Authorized Signatory registering on behalf of the firm must provide his Aadhaar number.
Step 3: Enter the OTP obtained on the Aadhaar Card-linked phone number.
Step 4: Complete the Udyog Aadhaar Application Form.
- Aadhaar Number
- Owner’s Name
- Caste of the applicant is a social category.
- Physically challenged
Name of the Company: The name of the legal entity with which you will do business. A single applicant can have many enterprises, each of which must have its own Udyog Aadhaar with the same Aadhaar number.
Type of Organization: A legal entity or a business entity.
- Firm of Partnership
- Undivided Hindu Family
- Private Limited Company
- Public Limited Company
- Self-Help Organization
- Others are (Limited Liability Partnership)
PAN Numbers are required for LLPs, corporations, and cooperative societies. The rest is optional.
Official Address- The business’s address, which includes a phone number and an email address.
Date of Inception- The date on which a business was established.
Previous MSME/SSI Registration Details- If relevant, details from a previous MSME/SSI registration should be entered here.
Bank Account Information- Information about the company’s bank account, including the IFSC code and account number.
Major Activity- A business’s main area of activity, such as production or service.
NIC Code- Use the National Industrial Classification (NIC) manual to find the relevant NIC Code. It can be found here.
The entire number of individuals employed in the firm is referred to as “person employed.”
Investment in Plant & Machinery / Equipment- The amount of money spent by the company on machinery and equipment.
Information about the District Industry Center closest to your business.
What is the procedure for editing or updating your Udyog Aadhaar number?
If you need to change the information on your existing Udyog Aadhaar number, please follow the steps below:
Step 1: Go to https://udyogadharcertificate.in/ and click on the link.
Step 2: Put your Udyog Aadhaar number in the box.
Step 3: Submit the form after entering the verification code.
Step 4: Enter the one-time password (OTP) sent to your Aadhaar-linked phone number.
Step 5: Make any necessary changes and submit the form.